Congratulations, you have just watched NASCAR Full Speed on Netflix, and you are now a NASCAR fan! We are happy to see you have joined the fandom, and, we want to make sure you know everything about this motorsport. Take a look below as John Rizzo gives you the definitive NASCAR Fan Training Video.
- Must Watch Races: While there are 36 races on the schedule, there are a few races that fans MUST tune in for every year. There is the unique superspeedways, Crown Jewels such as the Coca-Cola 600 and the Southern 500, and major races in the Playoffs.
- The Races to Skip: While there are plenty of exciting races on the schedule, there are a few that can be snoozefests. We have a very special acronym for fans to follow to know which races to skip on the schedule.
- Understanding the Rivalries: NASCAR is a motorsport where rivalries tend to boil over into contact on and off the race track. A few drivers tend to find themselves on the wrong side of either drivers or the fanbase, particularly the aggressive drivers.
- Unwritten Rules: While not in the rulebook, these are general guidelines that drivers follow regarding etiquette to each other on the race track. While doing the opposite of these rules may not be illegal, they will make other drivers hot under the collar.
- The Points System: The NASCAR points system is notorious for how complicated the points system is. There are multiple factors that go into NASCAR’s points system, and the video offers the most detailed explanation.
Now you are fully prepared to dive into the world of NASCAR! The regular season is about to start next week with Speedweeks at Daytona capped off by the Daytona 500 on February 18th. Be sure to subscribe to the Daily Downforce on YouTube for more great NASCAR content!