Kaulig Racing President Says Team Will Probably “Scale Back” Xfinity Series Program for 2026

BRISTOL, TENNESSEE - APRIL 12: Christian Eckes, driver of the #16 LeafFilter Gutter Protection Chevrolet, races Daniel Dye, driver of the #10 Champion Container Chevrolet, during the NASCAR Xfinity Series SciAps 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway on April 12, 2025 in Bristol, Tennessee. (Photo by Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images)

What’s Happening?

During a recent interview, Kaulig Racing President Chris Rice reiterated that the team is not shedding its Xfinity Series program; however, it is looking to “scale back” in 2026.

It’s almost a yearly tradition for the NASCAR silly season rumor mill to be packed full of rumors about the future of NASCAR Xfinity and Cup Series team Kaulig Racing. Among these rumors this season has been talk of the elimination of Kaulig’s Xfinity Series program, an expansion to the Craftsman Truck Series, and even a relationship with Ram in 2026. 

While the team has not directly said whether they will be joining the truck series or even have a relationship with RAM, Team President Chris Rice said during a recent interview with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio that “everybody has had a conversation with those guys.

During that same interview on Wednesday, Rice once again said that the team is not eliminating its Xfinity series program, stressing that it is where they got their start in NASCAR. “We are not getting rid of our Xfinity Series. I said that last week, and I’m going to say it again. Our Xfinity Series is solid, that’s where we came through.”

This may put an end to the rumors of them shutting down their program for yet another week, but this doesn’t mean more change isn’t on the way. Rice did say there is a probability that the team will scale back down to a two-car operation in 2026. 

“Will we be two cars? Probably. Will we be three cars? Most likely not. We probably will… they’ll scale it back to two cars. We have to have that sponsorship to be able to help us get through the Xfinity Series.” — Chris Rice

If this is the case, it will be the first time since 2023 that the team has fielded just two full-time drivers in the Xfinity Series. Rice did not confirm what cars and what drivers they would field if the team scaled back, though he said that 24-year-old Christian Eckes, who drives the team‘s flagship No. 16, has a “long-term deal with us.”

What Has Kaulig Already Done to Prepare for This?

Kaulig Racing entered the 2025 NASCAR Xfinity Series season with high hopes after revamping the program, bringing in two rookies while retaining veteran Josh Williams. 

Those rookies, Eckes and Daniel Dye, exceeded expectations during the 2024 Craftsman Truck Series Season with McAnally-Hilgemann Racing. In particular, Eckes made a run at the championship, winning four races and finishing in the top 10 in 22 of 23 outings.

Despite high hopes, specifically for Eckes, the team has underperformed this season. Eckes currently sits fifth in Rookie of the Year standings and 15th in points, while Dye sits seventh in ROY standings and 17th in points.

Most disappointing of all was Williams, the only returning driver from the 2024 campaign. After failing to match his teammates statistically, the team ultimately released Williams 21 races into the season on Jul. 30.

Since Williams’ release, Rice stated that the team would “judge and grade” the program, with drivers like Carson Hocevar, Michael McDowell, and Justin Haley piloting the driverless No. 11 at the Iowa, Watkins Glen, and Daytona Xfinity Series races.

What do you think about this? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Share this:

What Fans Think of NASCAR’s TV Coverage in 2026 (So Far)

What’s Happening?

As the 2026 NASCAR Cup Series season gets underway, The Daily Downforce is once again tracking how fans feel about race broadcasts throughout the year, just as we did last year. This ratings tracker exists to capture fan feedback in a clear, consistent way across the entire season for each TV partner.

How the Tracker Works

After each Cup Series race weekend, we will post a fan poll asking one simple question: “How would you rate this weekend’s Cup Series broadcast?” And fans can vote and comment based on their overall viewing experience. This article will be updated weekly with the most recent race’s numbers added to the tracker.

Where and How to Vote

  • The poll is posted on X (formerly Twitter) shortly after each race.
  • Fans can vote directly in the poll with just one tap.
  • Replies and quote posts are also monitored to gather more detailed feedback for a separate article after the season is concluded

Participation is quick and open to everyone.

Tracker

WeekNetworkRaceVotesGood | Average | BadSource
1FOXBowman Gray Clash36816% | 43% | 42%Check the Poll HERE
2FOXDaytona 50098942% | 46% | 12%Check the Poll HERE

Latest Poll Results

Remember to follow The Daily Downforce on X to catch each weekly poll, share your thoughts, and be part of the conversation.

NASCAR Coming to The Crew Motorfest in New Free Update

What’s Happening?

A new trailer revealed that NASCAR will be a part of The Crew Motorfest’s upcoming free season 9 update.

  • Ubisoft released a new trailer for The Crew Motorfest’s upcoming Island update, including a brief look at NASCAR racing as part of the new content
  • The NASCAR cars appear at the 1:08 minute mark of the trailer
  • The trailer shows officially licensed NASCAR Next Gen cars racing on an unidentified oval track
  • There are limited details on licenses, teams, drivers, tracks or gameplay mechanics, but the trailer shows the cars of Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, William Byron, Shane van Gisbergen, Brad Keselowski, Ross Chastain, and Ryan Blaney, all with official paint schemes and sponsors reminiscent of the 2025 season, confirming that the content present will be fully licensed by NASCAR
  • The collaboration is expected to feature a full playlist focused on oval racing disciplines such as drafting and pit strategy
  • Outside of the NASCAR content, Season 9 is likely to introduce a feature for building and sharing of custom tracks, as well as a new RC car playlist featuring miniature-scale racing

Will you be playing The Crew for this new update? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Kyle Busch’s Controversial Last Lap Move | Hamlin Defends Herbst | NASCAR Power Rankings!

Denny Hamlin defends Riley Herbst, Brad Keselowski is furious, and Kyle Busch leaves everyone debating what it means to truly compete for a Daytona 500. The final lap at Daytona International Speedway sparked multiple completely different controversies that say a lot about modern superspeedway racing.

  • Was Riley Herbst’s late block just another split-second Daytona gamble, or did he truly cost Keselowski a legitimate shot at the win?
  • Is Denny Hamlin right to defend his driver publicly, even while admitting the wreck was on Herbst?
  • Did Kyle Busch make a savvy veteran points play by bailing out of the draft on the white flag?
  • Does backing out of the lead pack signal frustration, maybe even a bigger-picture mindset shift?

At superspeedways, instinct rules everything. Herbst reacted late, Keselowski paid the price, and Hamlin backed his guy. Meanwhile, Busch lifted from 25th, avoided the wreck, and gained ten spots, a move that looks smart in hindsight but could have backfired badly. In a new points-heavy format, are drivers thinking differently? We break down both moments, what they really mean, and whether everyone involved might actually have a point. Plus, early Cup Series power rankings to wrap it up.

Watch Also