iRacing Announces PC Release Date for NASCAR ’25

Photo by iRacing

What’s Happening?

The PC edition of iRacing’s upcoming NASCAR Console game, NASCAR ’25, is officially slated for a November 11 release date and will be available on Steam.

  • iRacing previously announced that the console edition of NASCAR ’25 will be released on October 14 for XBOX Series X/S and PS5. However, the only info on the already announced PC edition of the game was a listing on Steam, though it was not available for pre-order.
  • While it may seem redundant for there to be a PC edition of a game built around the tracks and models of the iRacing subscription-based motorsport simulation game, fans have asked for the console-style PC port from the start. Of course, not everyone wants to race a simulation-style game, and the single price of the base game makes it easier on the wallet.
  • Last week, iRacing revealed that the console Standard and Gold Edition of NASCAR ’25 will be available for pre-order on September 18. On Steam, the PC edition can be wish-listed as of press time, though it is unclear if users will have access to pre-order bonuses or a Gold Edition that comes with the $24.99 Season Pass.
  • Upon its release, NASCAR ’25 will be the first multi-platform NASCAR console game since 2021’s NASCAR 21: Ignition, making it perhaps the most anticipated NASCAR game of all time. For any and all information, including timelines, promotional videos, and in-game info, make sure to check out our in-depth article on NASCAR ’25 below.

What do you think about this? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Share this:

Joe Gibbs Racing/Chris Gabehart Lawsuit is WILD | Complete Breakdown

Just when things finally seemed to calm down in the NASCAR garage, a bombshell dropped. Joe Gibbs Racing is officially suing former competition director Chris Gabehart, and the allegations are serious. Power struggles, confidential data, secret photos, and a potential move to Spire Motorsports.

  • What exactly is Joe Gibbs Racing accusing Gabehart of taking?
  • Did a disagreement with Joe Gibbs spark this entire fallout?
  • How deep does the alleged data access really go?
  • And the biggest question: how badly does Spire still want him now?

From competition department tension to an $8 million damages figure, this lawsuit could have major implications beyond just one team. Gabehart helped elevate Denny Hamlin back into championship form and played a key role in JGR’s recent success, which makes this split even more shocking. This preview only scratches the surface. The full breakdown dives into the timeline, the alleged evidence, and what this could mean for the Cup Series balance of power moving forward. Watch the full video to learn much more

Watch Also

AVONDALE, ARIZONA - NOVEMBER 08: NASCAR Executive Vice President Steve O'Donnell speaks to the media during the NASCAR annual State of the Sport address at Phoenix Raceway on November 08, 2024 in Avondale, Arizona. (Photo by Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images)

NASCAR President Pitches Mid-Week Racing and a Shorter Schedule

What’s Happening?

NASCAR President Steve O’Donnell says the Cup Series schedule is not guaranteed to remain at 36 races, and the sanctioning body is evaluating whether a different structure would make more sense.

Speaking about the long-term outlook, O’Donnell said everything from the total number of events to when they are held is under consideration.

“It’s worked for us, but I would not say this is the way it will always be. Is there a number of races that makes more sense? Could it be 30, or even more? Could we introduce midweek races and shorten the season? All of that is on the table.”

The Cup Series has run a 36-race points schedule for more than two decades, typically from February through November.

NASCAR’s current media rights deal spreads races across multiple broadcast, cable, and streaming partners, having been in place since 2025. Compared to the previous deal, far fewer races now air on traditional broadcast television, so fans have to follow the season across several networks and platforms, including FS1, USA, Prime Video, and TNT Sports. O’Donnell previously acknowledged that the transition led to a late-season dip in viewership as coverage has been on broadcast TV less often, and it clashes directly with the NFL.

Midweek Racing on the Table?

O’Donnell says weekday races are an option if NASCAR wants to shorten the overall calendar without dramatically reducing the number of races. The sport last had midweek races during the 2020 season, when it was the first sport to return to action, at Darlington. During that time, NASCAR did multiple midweek races, including at Darlington, Charlotte, and Kansas, to compensate for the weeks missed during quarantine, and the audience showed up in TV ratings.

A shorter season could also reduce direct competition with football, which dominates the U.S. sports calendar each fall, while additional races would create more inventory for media partners.

What Are Other Sports Doing?

Across sports, schedules are increasingly shaped by media strategy rather than tradition. The NFL, for example, has expanded its reach without drastically lengthening its season, adding standalone games on holidays, exclusive streaming packages, and international matchups to maximize value per game. The league also added a 17th regular-season game in 2021, its first expansion in decades, as part of a broader revenue push.

Other U.S. leagues are following similar paths. The NBA introduced an in-season tournament to create new broadcast inventory without extending the schedule, while MLB continues to sell national windows and streaming packages across its existing 162-game season.

In motorsports, Formula 1 has expanded the calendar itself. The series ran 21 races in 2021. 10 years earlier, it ran 19 races. And now it has a record-breaking 24-race schedule, despite being a global championship. Much of that growth is driven by hosting fees from cities and governments, as well as rising international demand, but drivers and the industry have already shown displeasure regarding the ever-growing schedule, deeming it too exhausting.

The shifts across sports accelerated drastically after the pandemic, when leagues became more dependent on media revenue and more willing to adjust calendars, formats, and distribution to match changing viewing habits. NASCAR, for example, rarely changed its calendar before 2020, but after the pandemic, it’s become one of the most diverse calendars in motorsports: racing on dirt, in stadiums, reviving old tracks, adding road courses, expanding internationally, and constantly changing its post-season race placements.

No Changes Announced

NASCAR has not announced any plans to alter the Cup schedule. O’Donnell’s comments indicate the organization is evaluating options as it plans future seasons under an evolving sports media environment.

What do you think? Should NASCAR have more, fewer, or the same number of races going forward? Would you like to see midweek races? Let us know what you think on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Confirmed: Lionel and Round 2 to Merge into New “Lionel Brands Group”

What’s Happening?

Following days of intense online speculation and rumors within the diecast community, Lionel, LLC has officially confirmed that it is set to be acquired by Round 2, a portfolio company of Praesidian Capital.

The two giants of the hobby and collectibles industry will eventually merge to form a new entity known as the Lionel Brands Group.

The Daily Downforce reached out to Lionel, and they confirmed Round 2’s intent to purchase the company, noting that the transaction is expected to progress over the coming weeks. The move signals a major shift in the landscape of NASCAR merchandising and diecast production, bringing together two of the most recognizable names in the business.

“We are aligned around a shared vision to build a stronger, fan-first platform that supports the brands, communities, and partners that have made each company successful,” the statement read.

Business as Usual for Now

For fans and collectors worried about immediate disruptions to their pre-orders or current programs, Lionel emphasized that the transition will not affect day-to-day operations in the short term.

“In the near term, it remains business as usual,” the company stated. “Our priority is maintaining continuity and supporting the programs already underway.”

Lionel, which has long held the exclusive license for NASCAR diecast, and Round 2 (known for brands like AMT, Johnny Lightning, and Racing Champions) aim to leverage their combined “strong legacies” to create new growth opportunities.

While the announcement confirms the intent to merge, specific details regarding future product lines or changes to the “Lionel Racing” brand remain under wraps. The company noted that future updates will be shared via their official social media channels as the transaction moves forward.

The statement concluded with a nod to NASCAR fans: “We’ll be in touch once we have more to share – Enjoy the race Atlanta!”

Are you a diecast collector? What do you think about this latest move? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.