Kaulig Racing “Real Close” to Wrapping up 2026 Contract Negotiations With Ty Dillon

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - JULY 06: Ty Dillon, driver of the #10 Sea Best Chevrolet, waves to fans as he walks onstage during driver intros prior to the NASCAR Cup Series Grant Park 165 at Chicago Street Course on July 06, 2025 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by James Gilbert/Getty Images)

What’s Happening?

Kaulig Racing President Chris Rice said in a recent interview that the team is still negotiating with Ty Dillon for 2026. However, he says the team is “real close” to resigning the driver.

While there are several rumors about the team’s future beyond the Cup Series, it doesn’t look like a lot will change at Kaulig Racing’s Cup operation in 2026. In a Wednesday interview with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, team president Chris Rice confirmed they are working out a deal with 33-year-old Ty Dillon for 2026.

When asked about Dillon’s status, Rice said, “We’re still in negotiations. I think by Friday, we will 100% know. We’re real close to having Ty’s deal done again for ’26.” This confirms a report from Bob Pockrass of FOX Sports in June that claimed the team was “trending toward” a deal with their first-year driver.

Dillon joined a returning A.J. Allmendinger, who is reported to return in 2026 as well, in a revamped Cup Series lineup at Kaulig Racing this season. His signing with the team followed a 2024 season in which Dillon, without a ride, raced in the Truck Series for most of the year.

Despite fan opinion at the time, Dillon has had a solid season returning to the Cup Series. Rice seemingly agrees with this sentiment: “We feel like he’s done a good job. He’s had some up and downs, yes, but he hasn’t done what everybody thought he was going to do, run around last and be way off the pace.”

Dillon is 32nd in points, behind only four other full-time drivers, and has an average finish of 23.4, also 32nd among active drivers. But the second-generation driver was the underdog story of the summer, advancing all the way to the final round of NASCAR’s inaugural In-Season Challenge.

Rice even credits the veteran with pushing for some of the team’s improvements on the year, saying, “I think he’s pushed us to be better in certain areas, and I think we’ll make him better.”

What do you think about this? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Share this:

What Fans Think of NASCAR’s TV Coverage in 2026 (So Far)

What’s Happening?

As the 2026 NASCAR Cup Series season gets underway, The Daily Downforce is once again tracking how fans feel about race broadcasts throughout the year, just as we did last year. This ratings tracker exists to capture fan feedback in a clear, consistent way across the entire season for each TV partner.

How the Tracker Works

After each Cup Series race weekend, we will post a fan poll asking one simple question: “How would you rate this weekend’s Cup Series broadcast?” And fans can vote and comment based on their overall viewing experience. This article will be updated weekly with the most recent race’s numbers added to the tracker.

Where and How to Vote

  • The poll is posted on X (formerly Twitter) shortly after each race.
  • Fans can vote directly in the poll with just one tap.
  • Replies and quote posts are also monitored to gather more detailed feedback for a separate article after the season is concluded

Participation is quick and open to everyone.

Tracker

WeekNetworkRaceVotesGood | Average | BadSource
1FOXBowman Gray Clash36816% | 43% | 42%Check the Poll HERE
2FOXDaytona 50098942% | 46% | 12%Check the Poll HERE

Latest Poll Results

Remember to follow The Daily Downforce on X to catch each weekly poll, share your thoughts, and be part of the conversation.

NASCAR Coming to The Crew Motorfest in New Free Update

What’s Happening?

A new trailer revealed that NASCAR will be a part of The Crew Motorfest’s upcoming free season 9 update.

  • Ubisoft released a new trailer for The Crew Motorfest’s upcoming Island update, including a brief look at NASCAR racing as part of the new content
  • The NASCAR cars appear at the 1:08 minute mark of the trailer
  • The trailer shows officially licensed NASCAR Next Gen cars racing on an unidentified oval track
  • There are limited details on licenses, teams, drivers, tracks or gameplay mechanics, but the trailer shows the cars of Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, William Byron, Shane van Gisbergen, Brad Keselowski, Ross Chastain, and Ryan Blaney, all with official paint schemes and sponsors reminiscent of the 2025 season, confirming that the content present will be fully licensed by NASCAR
  • The collaboration is expected to feature a full playlist focused on oval racing disciplines such as drafting and pit strategy
  • Outside of the NASCAR content, Season 9 is likely to introduce a feature for building and sharing of custom tracks, as well as a new RC car playlist featuring miniature-scale racing

Will you be playing The Crew for this new update? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Kyle Busch’s Controversial Last Lap Move | Hamlin Defends Herbst | NASCAR Power Rankings!

Denny Hamlin defends Riley Herbst, Brad Keselowski is furious, and Kyle Busch leaves everyone debating what it means to truly compete for a Daytona 500. The final lap at Daytona International Speedway sparked multiple completely different controversies that say a lot about modern superspeedway racing.

  • Was Riley Herbst’s late block just another split-second Daytona gamble, or did he truly cost Keselowski a legitimate shot at the win?
  • Is Denny Hamlin right to defend his driver publicly, even while admitting the wreck was on Herbst?
  • Did Kyle Busch make a savvy veteran points play by bailing out of the draft on the white flag?
  • Does backing out of the lead pack signal frustration, maybe even a bigger-picture mindset shift?

At superspeedways, instinct rules everything. Herbst reacted late, Keselowski paid the price, and Hamlin backed his guy. Meanwhile, Busch lifted from 25th, avoided the wreck, and gained ten spots, a move that looks smart in hindsight but could have backfired badly. In a new points-heavy format, are drivers thinking differently? We break down both moments, what they really mean, and whether everyone involved might actually have a point. Plus, early Cup Series power rankings to wrap it up.

Watch Also