Kaulig Racing President on Ram Rumors: “Anything Can Happen”

BROOKLYN, MICHIGAN - JUNE 08: A general view of the Ram announcement that its brand will return to NASCAR competition, scheduling a Craftsman Truck Series campaign beginning in 2026 on the midway prior to the NASCAR Cup Series FireKeepers Casino 400 at Michigan International Speedway on June 08, 2025 in Brooklyn, Michigan. (Photo by Meg Oliphant/Getty Images)
Photo by Meg Oliphant/Getty Images

What’s Happening?

While he says that “everybody in the garage has talked to Ram,” regarding Kaulig Racing’s interest in going Truck Series racing with NASCAR’s new OEM, team President Chris Rice teased that “anything can happen.”

Since February, when reports first surfaced that Ram Trucks, a division of Stellantis and the former truck division of Dodge, was returning to NASCAR, fans of the sport have wondered which team will take the leap to the OEM.

While established teams, such as Niece Motorsports, have denied these rumors, and there is no word on new teams opening shop with Ram, one name being thrown about the NASCAR Rumor Mill is Kaulig Racing. Kaulig, a long-time fixture of the Chevrolet stable in the NASCAR Xfinity and Cup Series, has not shied away from the press about these rumors, though they haven’t confirmed them either.

“Dale Earnhardt said it the best,” said team president Chris Rice during a recent interview with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. “If they’re talking about you, good or bad, they’re talking about you. That means they’re worried about you.”

During this interview, Rice again addressed the rumor about the team adding a truck program with Ram. While this would be an easy move on paper, the long term is more interesting, as Kaulig has deep ties to Earnhardt’s former team, RCR, and their ECR engine program.

But Rice, still not confirming or denying talks with the OEM, has repeated something he said earlier this month. “I think everybody in the garage has talked to Ram. . . I think everybody has had a conversation with those guys,” Rice said.

Of course, adding a Truck Series team would be a new step for Kaulig. Rice said that he and owner Matt Kaulig had “checked it out,” but he hinted that this was not as businessmen but as race fans, attending the Jul. 25 race at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park.

However, what caught the attention of fans during this interview was Rice’s comments about the team’s Xfinity Series program. Rice said they will “probably” be a two-car operation, slimming from three after a mid-season separation with driver Josh Williams.

It might be easy to suggest they were making space for a truck team or, as Rice said, adjusting for changing sponsorship. Rice said that it is still up in the air who is getting a deal with Ram, but he told the hosts that if Kaulig were the ones to get it, he would make it public.

“I think it’s still up in the air,” Rice said. “I think it’s a couple of teams that’s in the mix. But I can promise you one thing. If we get it, I will guarantee you, I’ll be able to tell you guys, and we’ll be smiling about it.”

But, when asked if this is confirmation that a truck team is a “possibility,” Rice again circled the answer, saying, “I think it’s always a possibility. I just said we’re going to be aggressive. We might go late model racing.”

But perhaps most important of all is Kaulig’s need to find victory lane, a driver that could push it in a new direction. “He [Matt Kaulig] just told me Sunday, flying home, [that] he is ready to win again,” Rice said. “And when he says that, he means it.”

What do you think about this? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Share this:

What Fans Think of NASCAR’s TV Coverage in 2026 (So Far)

What’s Happening?

As the 2026 NASCAR Cup Series season gets underway, The Daily Downforce is once again tracking how fans feel about race broadcasts throughout the year, just as we did last year. This ratings tracker exists to capture fan feedback in a clear, consistent way across the entire season for each TV partner.

How the Tracker Works

After each Cup Series race weekend, we will post a fan poll asking one simple question: “How would you rate this weekend’s Cup Series broadcast?” And fans can vote and comment based on their overall viewing experience. This article will be updated weekly with the most recent race’s numbers added to the tracker.

Where and How to Vote

  • The poll is posted on X (formerly Twitter) shortly after each race.
  • Fans can vote directly in the poll with just one tap.
  • Replies and quote posts are also monitored to gather more detailed feedback for a separate article after the season is concluded

Participation is quick and open to everyone.

Tracker

WeekNetworkRaceVotesGood | Average | BadSource
1FOXBowman Gray Clash36816% | 43% | 42%Check the Poll HERE
2FOXDaytona 50098942% | 46% | 12%Check the Poll HERE

Latest Poll Results

Remember to follow The Daily Downforce on X to catch each weekly poll, share your thoughts, and be part of the conversation.

NASCAR Coming to The Crew Motorfest in New Free Update

What’s Happening?

A new trailer revealed that NASCAR will be a part of The Crew Motorfest’s upcoming free season 9 update.

  • Ubisoft released a new trailer for The Crew Motorfest’s upcoming Island update, including a brief look at NASCAR racing as part of the new content
  • The NASCAR cars appear at the 1:08 minute mark of the trailer
  • The trailer shows officially licensed NASCAR Next Gen cars racing on an unidentified oval track
  • There are limited details on licenses, teams, drivers, tracks or gameplay mechanics, but the trailer shows the cars of Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, William Byron, Shane van Gisbergen, Brad Keselowski, Ross Chastain, and Ryan Blaney, all with official paint schemes and sponsors reminiscent of the 2025 season, confirming that the content present will be fully licensed by NASCAR
  • The collaboration is expected to feature a full playlist focused on oval racing disciplines such as drafting and pit strategy
  • Outside of the NASCAR content, Season 9 is likely to introduce a feature for building and sharing of custom tracks, as well as a new RC car playlist featuring miniature-scale racing

Will you be playing The Crew for this new update? Let us know your opinion on Discord or X. Don’t forget that you can also follow us on InstagramFacebook, and YouTube.

Kyle Busch’s Controversial Last Lap Move | Hamlin Defends Herbst | NASCAR Power Rankings!

Denny Hamlin defends Riley Herbst, Brad Keselowski is furious, and Kyle Busch leaves everyone debating what it means to truly compete for a Daytona 500. The final lap at Daytona International Speedway sparked multiple completely different controversies that say a lot about modern superspeedway racing.

  • Was Riley Herbst’s late block just another split-second Daytona gamble, or did he truly cost Keselowski a legitimate shot at the win?
  • Is Denny Hamlin right to defend his driver publicly, even while admitting the wreck was on Herbst?
  • Did Kyle Busch make a savvy veteran points play by bailing out of the draft on the white flag?
  • Does backing out of the lead pack signal frustration, maybe even a bigger-picture mindset shift?

At superspeedways, instinct rules everything. Herbst reacted late, Keselowski paid the price, and Hamlin backed his guy. Meanwhile, Busch lifted from 25th, avoided the wreck, and gained ten spots, a move that looks smart in hindsight but could have backfired badly. In a new points-heavy format, are drivers thinking differently? We break down both moments, what they really mean, and whether everyone involved might actually have a point. Plus, early Cup Series power rankings to wrap it up.

Watch Also